POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Visibility pattern test - visibility.JPG (1/1) : Re: Visibility pattern test - visibility.JPG (1/1) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 07:11:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visibility pattern test - visibility.JPG (1/1)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 7 Feb 2000 02:27:40
Message: <389e73ec@news.povray.org>
Although I certainly like what you're doing I wanted to ask if this is just
plain impossible as a texture pattern type of thing instead of a kind of media
sampling method which you are apparently trying out here.
It's the scattered look to the partial places that bothers me, if this were to
be considered a patina or similar then a smooth transition zone would probably
be considered best.
As is at least it could be faked well for more distant or smaller objects.

Bob